Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change alert sounds on apple watch

I have high frequency hearing loss, so for most of the alert sounds from my watch are beyond my ability to hear without hearing aids. You can choose different sounds on your iPhone for alerts but nowhere can you do the same for Apple Watch. Apple talks a good game for accessibility, but has nothing for hearing loss. High frequency hearing loss is very common in older folks, and I have to shop around for things like timers and such to make sure I can hear them. I don’t see why our watches can’t use the same sounds as our iPhones since they are in constant communication. Besides which, now that I use my Apple Watch, my iPhone doesn’t play alerts for things like texts. Haptics sort of work, but I have no idea how to tell them apart. I wear hearing aids all the time except for sleeping, but won’t hear anything once I take them out. And there isn’t anyplace I can find for product suggestions anymore.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 2:59 PM

Make sure Haptics are set to Prominent. Many users turn watch to silent by choice.

Check out Use Accessibility features on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

or reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here  Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  or phone numbers  Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support   or Click here > Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2023 2:59 PM in response to Dana Johnson

Make sure Haptics are set to Prominent. Many users turn watch to silent by choice.

Check out Use Accessibility features on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

or reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here  Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  or phone numbers  Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support   or Click here > Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

how to change alert sounds on apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.