Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple TV asking me to start a trial when I have a subscription

I was watching a show, tried to go to the next episode and it asked me to “try for free” and get a subscription. I already have a subscription of 6.99/month. I clicked try it free button anyways but it said I already had a subscription. I tried all the recommended fixes. I restarted my iPhone, I delete and reinstalled the app and I logged out and logged back in. It still is not working. How do I fix this? Surely not going to keep paying for a subscription I cannot use!

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 6:42 AM

This doesn't work. I'm signed in. My account is active. My subscription is active. My payment information is up to date.

It STILL asks me to start a free trial.

Why am I paying for this?

10 replies

Nov 8, 2023 4:37 PM in response to Drew_7

My Apple TV app on Roku just started doing this today, right when we were trying to watch the series finale of The Morning Show. It keeps asking me to "try apple TV+" but I am already on a 3 month trial that does not expire until Dec 13. Every time I try to "subscribe" it tells me I already have a subscription (which I do), so now I can't watch anything! This was all working fine for the last two months but just started this today. Is it because AppleTV+ is now $9.99 as of Oct 25, but my trial was set to start billing me at the $6.99 price (before y'all raised it)???

Apr 17, 2023 11:14 AM in response to JenM46

Hello JenM46,

You've already taken great steps to try resolving the behavior you're experiencing with your subscription. We recommend ensuring your subscription is active by following the guidance listed here: If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

How to cancel a subscription on your iPhone or iPad
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap your name.
3. Tap Subscriptions.
4. Tap the subscription.
5. Tap Cancel Subscription. You might need to scroll down to find the Cancel Subscription button. If there is no Cancel button or you see an expiration message in red text, the subscription is already canceled.

Should the behavior persist please reach out for assistance in your region here: Get Support

Regards.

Nov 9, 2023 4:33 PM in response to SaltyPirateTiger

Exactly the same thing is happening to me. Super weird. Everything was working great for months and then it just stopped. I have an active subscription paid up to November 15th, which is then set to auto-renew at the new higher price, which is fine whatever, just let me use the service I paid for!

I spent quite a bit of time on chat and on the phone with Apple support last night but wasn't able to get it sorted. The customer service rep is meant to call me back tonight and let me know if they found any way to fix it.

Apple TV asking me to start a trial when I have a subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.