How to stop a song being matched when uploaded to icloud?

Hi,

So to some this may sound like a first world problem however it’s annoying me…

My Apple music is 75% my old itunes library that I merged into Apple music. It has happened a few times where the program replaced a song with the apple music version that has censored lyrics/clean edit. Now when I’ve noticed this, I’ve tried deleting the song and uploading the original file & the same issue. But when I browsed apple music I was able to find the explicit version and just download that. Issue solved.

Only there’s this one song that was relatively unknown from 2007 that was playing in my car the other day, and I noticed it had the clean version playing. However the only version for some stupid reason on apple music is the censored version. I’m a 31 yr old man for gods sake I don’t want to listen to songs with words missing!

I’ve even when re-uploading the song changed the song title or artist name to see if that tricks it however it still matches my original file with the apple music version. I love this song but it’s gonna annoy me everytime it has the child friendly version on.

Is there a way I can get apple music to just upload that original file onto icloud?

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 10:08 AM

Hi,

Apple uses acoustic sound fingerprinting to identify specific tracks so that it can match with tracks their servers. This essentially works well but mismatches occur occasionally especially with clean v explicit track as the sound footprint is the same.

There is no facility to prevent a track from . Ideally both versions should be available which would let yo add the Apple Music version.

I have read that some people have tried modifying the track using an audio editor such as Audacity to add some initial silence to try fool the matching process. I have not tried this method myself.

Jim

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 10:08 AM in response to Bfs91

Hi,

Apple uses acoustic sound fingerprinting to identify specific tracks so that it can match with tracks their servers. This essentially works well but mismatches occur occasionally especially with clean v explicit track as the sound footprint is the same.

There is no facility to prevent a track from . Ideally both versions should be available which would let yo add the Apple Music version.

I have read that some people have tried modifying the track using an audio editor such as Audacity to add some initial silence to try fool the matching process. I have not tried this method myself.

Jim

How to stop a song being matched when uploaded to icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.