Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This song is already in your iCloud Music Library." but where tho?

Hi all,

As you can see in the below screenshot, one of tracks is not being uploaded to my iCloud Music Library because of an error, which reads "This song is already in your iCloud Music Library. This song appears to be a duplicate of another song in your library that is already in your iCloud Music Library." How can I find the original track, or otherwise get rid of this error?

iTunes doesn't give any indication as to where this other tune is. It's not labeled with the same artist or track information, as you can seen in the screenshot all the other tracks by this artist have different names and timestamps and do not have the error. I do not want to delete the alleged duplicate without identifying the original because then I will not have the tune in my library, or at least not be able to find it. There are a handful of other tracks with this issue in my library, but this is the easiest example to use.

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 1:54 PM

Use the Same Album button to show true duplicates in the library, i.e. those with the same metadata. Apple Music may also be detecting the same audio fingerprint for songs that slight variations of each other, which may be the real issue here. Removing and then re-adding such a track to the library may potentially work.

tt2

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 1:54 PM in response to DakotaCityRag

Use the Same Album button to show true duplicates in the library, i.e. those with the same metadata. Apple Music may also be detecting the same audio fingerprint for songs that slight variations of each other, which may be the real issue here. Removing and then re-adding such a track to the library may potentially work.

tt2

Mar 18, 2023 2:47 PM in response to javaliga

Thanks for responding. This actually doesn't work for me. As you can see in the screenshot below, I have "Display Duplicates" clicked and sorted by song name, where the song I mentioned above does not appear ("OG Luv Kush pt.2" should be between "My Place" and "One for Pops"). In this solution, "Display Duplicates" shows me duplicates based on the Name and Artist fields (which is why I have so many; you may have guessed based on the time stamps in each, but the tracks in the screenshot below are different recordings that just share the same artist). There are, however, no other tracks in my library named "OG Luv Kush pt.2" by "Kaiit" or anyone else, so I can't find where the duplicate is using this method.

Mar 23, 2023 7:15 PM in response to turingtest2

Sorry to reopen this, but I spoke too quickly. When I deleted and readded, the issue was resolved for a short while, but then it goes back to how it was originally. Below I've screenshotted how the track appears in my library, with the "date added" timestamp being after I last posted.

You mention above that "Apple Music may also be detecting the same audio fingerprint for songs that slight variations of each other," and I think this is what's happening. But whatever Apple Music thinks is the same fingerprint doesn't have anything resembling the same name, time, or artist name in my library. Do you have any suggestions for how I might otherwise find this duplicate?

"This song is already in your iCloud Music Library." but where tho?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.