Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How to Remove phishing scam pop up Mac OS: The System is in danger!

How do I remove this phishing scam pop up on my MacBookPro (late 2013)?

"Mac OS: The System is in danger! Threat detected. Click to delete"

I have run Malwarebytes but it's still popping up. Thanks!

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 4:39 PM

I found a way to remove virus pop up scams with Ventura.

Click on Safari Settings

Notifications

System alert turn off on top right of page

14 replies

Mar 5, 2024 7:49 AM in response to PonyVillalobos

Also see: Stop unwanted Notifications - Apple Community

That User Tip describes how to block Web site notifications from within Safari settings. 'bjtrd' seems to have blocked all notifications from Safari from within System Settings.

I'm not sure that there is a practical difference, unless Safari sometimes generates its own, legitimate notifications (which might be blocked by 'bjtrd's method, but not by the one in the User Tip).

Apr 18, 2023 9:30 PM in response to PonyVillalobos

PonyVillalobos Said:

"How to Remove phishing scam pop up Mac OS: The System is in danger!: How do I remove this phishing scam pop up on my MacBookPro (late 2013)? 'Mac OS: The System is in danger! Threat detected. Click to delete; I have run Malwarebytes but it's still popping up. Thanks!"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Scan with Malwarebytes for Mac:

Malwarebytes searches for malware (short for (malicious software) and spyware. Those make your Mac act in a mislead manor. So scan with it, and remove what is found from the quarantine. It is created by longtime users of these forums making it the only reliable Security Software for a Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

Apr 19, 2023 12:41 PM in response to PonyVillalobos

PonyVillalobos Said:

"How to Remove phishing scam pop up Mac OS: The System is in danger!: I have done Malwarebytes. Didn't help.

———-

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Report this message to Apple, and to your federal government. Provide the photo, and the URL of this thread in your report. Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

Apr 18, 2023 3:11 PM in response to PonyVillalobos

Here...

Start with this of M1 or M2 Mac...

On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.

Wait for your Mac to shut down completely. A Mac is completely shut down when the screen is black and any lights (including in the Touch Bar) are off.

Press and hold the power button on your Mac until “Loading startup options” appears.

Select a volume.

Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.

The computer restarts automatically. When the login window appears, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

Restart normally.

Start with this if IntelMac...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

How to Remove phishing scam pop up Mac OS: The System is in danger!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.