You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One airpod pro hissing in transparent mode

How to fix hissing sound?

AirPods Pro

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 1:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 10:02 PM

Mine make a very strong hissing noise in right ear only in noise cancelling mode and even louder in transparency, but nothing when in off mode. cleaning didn’t work at all

14 replies

Sep 2, 2023 10:11 PM in response to dodyfromlondon

I’ve similar issue. After 18months of minimum usage, my right ear pod pro is giving loud hissing noise unless I turn off both transparency and noise cancellation. Apple technician at genius agrees that it’s hardware issue but declines to repair it as it is out of warranty 🙁. I tried with both iPhone and iPad. Same issue. I reset air pods multiple times. But no use. Any one has any solution?

Jul 15, 2024 8:47 AM in response to dobartas

It is a shameful product indeed. Many people I know gets the same annoying issue out of a sudden. The right ear plug starts with this absurd static noise when ANC is on. How is that possible, Apple? I don't have that issue 2 years after using Beats or JBL products. Never buy an AirPods again!

I tried cleaning, resetting a hundred times, and even getting to the repair service who said it is a HARDWARE issue very well known by Apple, but there will be no support when the warranty is done. Shame on you, Apple.

One airpod pro hissing in transparent mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.