Battery Drain

I bought a new iPhone 13pro 2 days ago and the battery drains fast, it drains by 25% in 2 hours of moderate use, is it normal? Or is it the fact iOS 16 update that’s the issue? What could be causing the battery drain of a new iPhone?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 5:17 PM

Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Maximum Capacity

Expect the Capacity to decline an average of about 1% a month. That's an average. Some months it will not decline at all and some months it might drop 2%.

Expect the battery to last about 2 years.

It's time to replace the battery if Maximum Capacity is down to 80%.

Apple Support will not do anything unless your battery drops to less than 80% during the AppleCare coverage. If that occurs, Apple will replace the battery at no charge. Otherwise, they will say that your battery is performing normally.

Don't worry about Capacity week to week or even month to month. I check Capacity about once a quarter.

Plug the phone into the charger at night and leave it connected all night every night. Otherwise, charge the phone when it needs it.

More info here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 5:17 PM in response to Kellaify

Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Maximum Capacity

Expect the Capacity to decline an average of about 1% a month. That's an average. Some months it will not decline at all and some months it might drop 2%.

Expect the battery to last about 2 years.

It's time to replace the battery if Maximum Capacity is down to 80%.

Apple Support will not do anything unless your battery drops to less than 80% during the AppleCare coverage. If that occurs, Apple will replace the battery at no charge. Otherwise, they will say that your battery is performing normally.

Don't worry about Capacity week to week or even month to month. I check Capacity about once a quarter.

Plug the phone into the charger at night and leave it connected all night every night. Otherwise, charge the phone when it needs it.

More info here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Jun 21, 2023 9:34 AM in response to Kellaify

This is a new problem. I have an iPhone 13 Pro with IOS 16.5 recently installed. Battery drains from 100% to 22% within 3 hours just sitting unplugged on the counter and connected to WiFi. Background apps refresh turned off. Everything else set to use WiFi only. Mail notifications are on. Everything else is shut off. Battery health maximum capacity shows 95% so the battery seems to be relatively healthy. There seems to be a bug in the update if all else is unchanged. Many are complaining of the same issue.

Battery Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.