photos app

i have no pictures in my photos app but it’s taking up 2.61 GB. how do i fix this?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 8:11 PM

wanderillist Said:

"photos app: Said"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

"System Data" being the Culprit:

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "System Data" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. Report black the results.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 8:11 PM in response to wanderillist

wanderillist Said:

-------

"System Data" being the Culprit:

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "System Data" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. Report black the results.

Apr 16, 2023 8:13 PM in response to wanderillist

wanderillist Said:

-------

Try my User Tip:

Clear "System Data":

Clear the storage named "System Data". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.