Forgotten Apple ID and find my device locked

Hello. I bought a 9th generation ipad a few days ago in Bahrain, for my son. Unfortunately my kids put a passcode on it without telling me and they forgot it. I had to reset my iPad through my laptop, and now it's locked as it requires me to use the apple ID I created when I was setting up the iPad. Unfortunately I have forgotten that apple ID. I filled the activation lock support form, but they have denied my request.

I have all proof of ownership which I attached. I don't understand why there's not anyway to fix this matter? This is an iPad I own, yet just because I forgot the apple ID, I cannot use it? Is there anyway to fix this issue.

Please help, I'm really worried about this. Thank you!

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 9:31 PM

Typically an Apple ID is an email address you have used.

This support article describes ways to find your Apple ID --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#

If you still need help:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Also look in Keychain, and in a browser's security settings if you use it to automatically sign into Apple when using a browser.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 9:31 PM in response to waj_nad_86

Typically an Apple ID is an email address you have used.

This support article describes ways to find your Apple ID --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#

If you still need help:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Also look in Keychain, and in a browser's security settings if you use it to automatically sign into Apple when using a browser.

Apr 16, 2023 9:38 PM in response to Limnos

thanks for your reply. I bought it from Carrefour Bahrain, and I attached the invoice.

my request was still denied. What else proof can I give them than the actual serial number and the invoice.

this is an iPad I own and I cannot use right now just because I forgot my Apple ID. This is really upsetting. I even have an sms from apple on my phone for a code which I entered on the iPad when I was setting it up.

there must be some way to fix this issue. I was not logged in from the Apple ID anywhere on my MacBook.

Forgotten Apple ID and find my device locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.