Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot the ID of my old iPad

Hello,

i have an ipad which was bought in Sweden Stockholm in 2012 on the name of my sister : Irina Alborova

nowadays this ipad was used by my aunt who suffers from cerebral palsy . Somehow it got blocked and to unblock it , it asks to login to the apple id which that ipad was assigned to. All my family spent one week to figure it out.

is there a way to recover it ?

thank you. I attach here the picture with imei and serial number.

Anna A.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 7:24 AM

If your sister can’t remember the credentials that she used to set up the iPad, she can try to recover them. She can use these links to try to recover her Apple ID and password.

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

5 replies

Mar 14, 2021 7:23 AM in response to Anna_albor

If no one in your family knows or can remember the Apple ID used to set up the device now almost a decade ago, the ONLY way to get help from Apple would be to provide Apple the original purchase receipt which clearly shows the iPad serial number on it. If no one has it, the iPad is useless to you. Given it's VERY old, no longer supported, can't run the latest iOS versions or just about any current apps, it's time to retire such an old device anyway.

Forgot the ID of my old iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.