Unable to download purchased music

Music that I’ve purchased from iTunes won’t download to my iPhone and doesn’t show up on my Mac as “recently downloaded,” yet I’ve been billed for the albums. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I’ve never had this happen before.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 12:27 AM

Music that I’ve purchased from iTunes won’t download to my iPhone

Do you get any error message when you download?

Do you use the same Apple ID?

Please check the purchase history.

On your iPhone you can check /search:

Go to -> Settings -> tap your profile -> tap Media and purchases -> View account -> log in.

Scroll to and tap -> Purchase history -> tap the last  90 days.

You will then see a list of 'years' and you can select a year to view.

From macOS -> start Music -> tap iTunes Store (side bar) -> show my account -> sign in.

(In the right pane)  -> scroll to Purchase history -> tap See All -> tap Last 90 Days, then select a different date range.

Try to redownload music, see -> Related Article: Redownload music

If you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2023 12:27 AM in response to ssandart

Music that I’ve purchased from iTunes won’t download to my iPhone

Do you get any error message when you download?

Do you use the same Apple ID?

Please check the purchase history.

On your iPhone you can check /search:

Go to -> Settings -> tap your profile -> tap Media and purchases -> View account -> log in.

Scroll to and tap -> Purchase history -> tap the last  90 days.

You will then see a list of 'years' and you can select a year to view.

From macOS -> start Music -> tap iTunes Store (side bar) -> show my account -> sign in.

(In the right pane)  -> scroll to Purchase history -> tap See All -> tap Last 90 Days, then select a different date range.

Try to redownload music, see -> Related Article: Redownload music

If you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

Unable to download purchased music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.