Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

MAC AND PHOTOS WILL NOT ACCEPT MY IPHONE 12

When I plug my iPhone into my Mac a pinging sound starts and Photos automatically rejects the iPhone. I am trying to transfer photos into my Photo library to clean up my iPhone when I travel. Why is this happening, it used to work fine. How can I stop Photos from starting up and making that awful noise - I really just want to transfer photos into my external HD.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 12:35 AM

Did you unlock the iPhone and and confirm "Trust this Computer" after connecting the iPhone?

If you succeed to let Photos show the iPhone in the sidebar, disable the check mark "Open Photos for this device" below the toolbar in Photos.

There may be a problem with the system versions on your iPhone and the Mac. The system version given below your question is rather old (macOS 10.14). Which system version is running on the iPhone?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2023 12:35 AM in response to gribuongiorne

Did you unlock the iPhone and and confirm "Trust this Computer" after connecting the iPhone?

If you succeed to let Photos show the iPhone in the sidebar, disable the check mark "Open Photos for this device" below the toolbar in Photos.

There may be a problem with the system versions on your iPhone and the Mac. The system version given below your question is rather old (macOS 10.14). Which system version is running on the iPhone?

MAC AND PHOTOS WILL NOT ACCEPT MY IPHONE 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.