Silent mode silencing alarms when in sleep mode

Is there a way to get the watch to come out of silent mode for an alarm when it's in sleep mode?

I like having my watch on silent mode in the day and I'm perfectly happy for alarms/timers to stay silent when I'm awake because the vibrations are enough.

However, I often forget to take the watch out of silent mode when I go to bed so alarms don't sound in the morning. You can imagine what happens for a heavy sleeper....

I'm aware that silent mode doesn't silence alarms when the watch is charging but of course I want to wear the watch at night for tracking.

Any ideas other than remembering to take it out of silent mode at night?

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 2:59 PM

Silent mode does seem to silence sleep mode alarms. I would try to customise all your notifications to use Haptics but not sounds.

eg for Mail, a relatively complex customisation...

then for each account

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 22, 2023 11:06 PM in response to aim_jb

I've found a solution.

I've made an automation in Shortcuts app

the automation works like this: when the Sleep mode starts set the apple watch to no Silent. when the alarm will be closed, it set the apple watch to silent again.

To not to be bothered by notifications during the night connect your sleep mode in alarm with full immersion profile "sleep".

In this conditions the alarm will sound on your apple watch.

It works for me.

Silent mode silencing alarms when in sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.