Un-syncing a phone

I synced my personal phone, a iPhone 6S to my work phone 4SE when I got the 6S phone. Now I am leaving my employeer and want to un-sync these phones - how do I do this?

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 12:27 PM

In what way did you sync them? You can’t sync phone to phone, except through iCloud. And if you logged in to your Apple ID on both phones to sync with iCloud, just log out on the work phone. Or, if you no longer have the work phone, change your Apple ID password→Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

Note also that if you have a work email on your personal phone you should delete the work profile in Settings/General/VPN & Device Management.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2023 12:27 PM in response to Capt_Kangaroo2

In what way did you sync them? You can’t sync phone to phone, except through iCloud. And if you logged in to your Apple ID on both phones to sync with iCloud, just log out on the work phone. Or, if you no longer have the work phone, change your Apple ID password→Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

Note also that if you have a work email on your personal phone you should delete the work profile in Settings/General/VPN & Device Management.

Un-syncing a phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.