How to change default Apple ID?

My email for my default ID is getting far to many scammers. I would like to change it for another one. Is it possible ? I use it for all three of my Apple devices. MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone 13.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 1:55 AM

rodfromlongton Said:

"Thank you, that's brilliant. Problem is they keep on changing who sends them. I don't ever open them, well I did once because they are now starting to come in my normal email folder. They usual come in Junk folder. Would need to just click on the email that is scam without opening it, 'Just holding the mouse button down' and move it to the Rules or would I need to manually copy it."

-------

Create Filters Using a Mac:

As wise as the fellows are, you need to create rules and filters to avoid these. What you need to do, is sync iCloud eMail with the Mail app on your Mac. Using a Mac is much more user-friendly, than using a mobile device (i.e. iPhone). Then, create lots of filters that way.

See here: Use Rules to Manage eMails you Receive in Mail on Mac – Apple Support

Setting Up iCloud in Mail on your Mac:

1. Go Here: Set up iCloud Mail on All your Devices – Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Set up iCloud Mail on your Mac
  3. Proceed form there as necessary

SCREENSHOT:

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2023 1:55 AM in response to rodfromlongton

rodfromlongton Said:

"Thank you, that's brilliant. Problem is they keep on changing who sends them. I don't ever open them, well I did once because they are now starting to come in my normal email folder. They usual come in Junk folder. Would need to just click on the email that is scam without opening it, 'Just holding the mouse button down' and move it to the Rules or would I need to manually copy it."

-------

Create Filters Using a Mac:

As wise as the fellows are, you need to create rules and filters to avoid these. What you need to do, is sync iCloud eMail with the Mail app on your Mac. Using a Mac is much more user-friendly, than using a mobile device (i.e. iPhone). Then, create lots of filters that way.

See here: Use Rules to Manage eMails you Receive in Mail on Mac – Apple Support

Setting Up iCloud in Mail on your Mac:

1. Go Here: Set up iCloud Mail on All your Devices – Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Set up iCloud Mail on your Mac
  3. Proceed form there as necessary

SCREENSHOT:

Apr 17, 2023 10:28 PM in response to rodfromlongton

rodfromlongton Said:

"I do have other iCloud emails. so can I not delate the email that I am getting these scammer from and use another email.[...]"

-------

iCloud eMail? Or Other Account?

If you are referring to an eMail account of th iCloud.com domain, then that is cannot be changed. However, if you want to change your Apple ID (the email for all of Apple), then go here: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Create Filters:

One idea is to create all the Contacts you can think of, and then only allow emails to come in that are on your Contact list, as well as Safe domains. Contact your eMail provider on doing so.

Apr 17, 2023 11:10 PM in response to rodfromlongton

rodfromlongton Said:

"But I can delete the email that is getting the scammers can I ?"

-------

Is this iCloud or an eMail Provider?

A. If iCloud:

No. You cannot delete it. Just use fillers: Set Up Rules to Filter eMail in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

B. If an eMail Provider:

If this eMail account if from an eMail Provider (i.e. gmail or AOL), then export email, and then open another eMail account. Then, import items. Once imported, close this "junky" account. View the eMail Provider's site on performing the transfers. As an example, go here for gmail: Create rules to filter your emails - gmail Help

Apr 17, 2023 10:10 PM in response to rodfromlongton

rodfromlongton Said:

"My email for my default ID is getting far too many scammers. I would like to change it for another one. Is it possible ? I use it for all three of my Apple devices. MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone 13."

-------

Creating a New iCloud eMail:

No. You can only use one eMail account for iCloud. Once it is created, you cannot make a new one. So, open a new eMail account, and use that for certain items, perhaps only Apple.

Apr 17, 2023 10:21 PM in response to TheLittles

I do have other iCloud emails. so can I not delate the email that I am getting these scammer from and use another email. I did have a windows email when I first got my MacBook, but that was also getting far to many idiots scammers and I was able to change it for an apple email. So why can't I now change it again for all of my devices. It is getting ridiculous the amount of scam emails I am getting. I am tearing what little hair I have left out because of it. LoL. Ok that may be a little dramatic, but it is getting me down.

Apr 17, 2023 10:52 PM in response to rodfromlongton

rodfromlongton Said:

"So if I open a new email account, can I then get a new Apple ID and use that has my main account and delete the old one that is getting those emails?"

-------

Using Apple ID:

Yes. An Apple ID is just the email address you use to log into Apple with. So, just change it, and you'd log in with that. iCloud will stay as it is --it cannot be deleted.

Apr 18, 2023 12:24 AM in response to TheLittles

Thank you, that's brilliant. Problem is they keep on changing who sends them. I don't ever open them, well I did once because they are now starting to come in my normal email folder. They usual come in Junk folder. Would need to just click on the email that is scam without opening it, 'Just holding the mouse button down' and move it to the Rules or would I need to manually copy it.

How to change default Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.