Apple Mail - unable to log in

I have always used the Mail app for our emails on our Mac, iPad and iPhone however it has signed us out and now won't allow us to log back in on any of the apple devices. It shows that the username and password not verified, but the username, email and password are all correct, I'm not sure where to go from here!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 6:46 PM

AllOccasion Said:

"Apple Mail - unable to log in: I have always used the Mail app for our emails on our Mac, iPad and iPhone however it has signed us out and now won't allow us to log back in on any of the apple devices. It shows that the username and password not verified, but the username, email and password are all correct, I'm not sure where to go from here!"

-------

Troubleshooting Mail:

A. New iCloud Sessions:

Log out of iCloud on all of your devices associated to this account. Then, log back in one at a time. Perhaps it all needs to resync?

B. Use a New App Password for Each Device:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Create a unique on for each device. Remove the current one, and then use the new one instead. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix).:

As an Example, here is the Yahoo! App Password Link: Generate and manage third-party app passwords | Account Help | Yahoo

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2023 6:46 PM in response to AllOccasion

AllOccasion Said:

"Apple Mail - unable to log in: I have always used the Mail app for our emails on our Mac, iPad and iPhone however it has signed us out and now won't allow us to log back in on any of the apple devices. It shows that the username and password not verified, but the username, email and password are all correct, I'm not sure where to go from here!"

-------

Troubleshooting Mail:

A. New iCloud Sessions:

Log out of iCloud on all of your devices associated to this account. Then, log back in one at a time. Perhaps it all needs to resync?

B. Use a New App Password for Each Device:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Create a unique on for each device. Remove the current one, and then use the new one instead. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix).:

As an Example, here is the Yahoo! App Password Link: Generate and manage third-party app passwords | Account Help | Yahoo

Apple Mail - unable to log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.