How do i keep others on my account from charging on it

I share my apple music with my family why are they able to buy thing with my card too how do I turn this off

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 7:46 AM

From How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support:

Which payment method will be charged for purchases that family members make?

When Purchase Sharing is turned on, everyone's purchases will be billed to the family organiser's payment method.* If there's an issue with the payment method, the family organiser can update their payment method or add a new one.

If you're the family organiser and you don't want to share a payment method with your family, turn off purchase sharing. When purchase sharing is turned off, you can continue to share subscriptions, such as Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade. When Purchase Sharing is turned off, each family member must use their own payment method.

Find out how purchases are billed if a family member has Apple Account balance.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2023 7:46 AM in response to kenfromlocust grove

From How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support:

Which payment method will be charged for purchases that family members make?

When Purchase Sharing is turned on, everyone's purchases will be billed to the family organiser's payment method.* If there's an issue with the payment method, the family organiser can update their payment method or add a new one.

If you're the family organiser and you don't want to share a payment method with your family, turn off purchase sharing. When purchase sharing is turned off, you can continue to share subscriptions, such as Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade. When Purchase Sharing is turned off, each family member must use their own payment method.

Find out how purchases are billed if a family member has Apple Account balance.

tt2

How do i keep others on my account from charging on it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.