Related Article: About the security content of iOS 16.2 and iPadOS 16.2

I’m not been able to update my iOS it’s still in 14. Version

How am I going to update it to the latest version cox I’ve even used a WiFi and it still not working

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 7:43 AM

Hello,

There are different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is installed on your device.

This support article has instructions about updating an iPhone or iPad wirelessly --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also use Mac and PC computers to update system software:

Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

If your Apple mobile device won't update, read this support article --> If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support

Another, less common reason for not being able to update is if you were using a beta version of software. Refer to How to uninstall iOS or iPadOS beta software - Apple Support

What happens when you try to update?Please describe where it is having issues. What error messages do you see?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2023 7:43 AM in response to tauheed16

Hello,

There are different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is installed on your device.

This support article has instructions about updating an iPhone or iPad wirelessly --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also use Mac and PC computers to update system software:

Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

If your Apple mobile device won't update, read this support article --> If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support

Another, less common reason for not being able to update is if you were using a beta version of software. Refer to How to uninstall iOS or iPadOS beta software - Apple Support

What happens when you try to update?Please describe where it is having issues. What error messages do you see?

Apr 18, 2023 9:55 AM in response to tauheed16

Hi!

To upgrade your iPhone X to the latest version of iOS, you can do this wirelessly or via a computer. To update wirelessly, go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update. If you have multiple software update options, choose the one you want to install and tap Install Now.

If the update does not appear on your device, you can use your computer to update it manually via iTunes or the Finder. Connect your iPhone to your computer using a Lightning/USB cable and open iTunes or the Finder. Click the smartphone icon on the left and then click the Check for Updates button. When iOS 16 is detected, press the Download and Update button.

I hope I helped you!

I’m not been able to update my iOS it’s still in 14. Version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.