Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Use of student discount in a different country

Hello,

I am studying in the UK and have an active UNIDAYS account. How can I use my student discount to buy a Macbook from the US in the store?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 10:29 PM

You might need to chat to the Apple Education experts, to find out what's possible.

For US purchases:

Education Pricing and Student Discounts - Education - Apple

Eg: From the above link: If you click on which model you are interested in, you will be taken to a page with a contact link.

NB: At bottom of above linked webpage:

says:

"Offer may not be available in all stores, and may vary between in-store and online trade-in. Some stores may have additional requirements".

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2023 10:29 PM in response to nhnbrls

You might need to chat to the Apple Education experts, to find out what's possible.

For US purchases:

Education Pricing and Student Discounts - Education - Apple

Eg: From the above link: If you click on which model you are interested in, you will be taken to a page with a contact link.

NB: At bottom of above linked webpage:

says:

"Offer may not be available in all stores, and may vary between in-store and online trade-in. Some stores may have additional requirements".

May 2, 2023 7:53 AM in response to nhnbrls

The use of a student discount in a different country depends on the policies of the company or service offering the discount. Some companies may offer student discounts internationally, while others may only offer them in specific countries or regions.

If you are a student and want to use a student discount in a different country, you should first check the terms and conditions of the discount to see if it is available internationally. This information may be available on the company's website or through their customer support channels.

In some cases, you may need to provide proof of your student status, such as a valid student ID or enrollment certificate, to qualify for the discount. If you are studying in a different country than the one where you are applying for the discount, you may need to provide additional documentation to prove your eligibility.

It's also worth noting that some companies may have different pricing or discount structures for different countries, so even if a student discount is not available, you may still be able to find a good deal or lower pricing in the country where you are studying.

In general, it's always a good idea to do some research and check the terms and conditions before attempting to use a student discount in a different country. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the company's customer support for assistance.

Jul 26, 2023 7:28 AM in response to nhnbrls

If you have an active UNIDAYS account, you can use your student discount when you purchase a Macbook from a US store. Before buying, it is recommended to contact the store to find out if they accept student discounts and how they can be used. They may need more information or proof of your student status. Basically, I did it myself. I needed a laptop for study. I got an excellent score for it and it was the first thing I found on my new laptop. Be prepared to provide relevant documents such as student ID or ID. Using a student discount in another country can be a great way to save money on your desired item.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Use of student discount in a different country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.