Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to fix iPhone not showing up in iTunes on MacBook Pro running High Sierra?

My iTunes in my Macbook Pro (2011) running High Sierra macOS does not recognize my iPhone since it was updated to iOS 16.4.1. Any ideas on how to remedy? Tried switching both off and on, turning of location privacy, etc. Any help is most appreciated. Thanks

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone 14

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 6:09 AM

I also called customer service as iTunes on my Mac mid-2010 (High Sierra) does nog recognize my iPhone SE2020 and they were not able to help me. First response: "Oh... That is a very old Mac." So? It still works fine. It seems that they want us to buy a new Mac.

19 replies

Apr 18, 2023 11:43 AM in response to sheahan1971

Check for updates in the App Store. There should be one that patches iTunes so it can connect to your updated device.

Alternatively in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

If these steps haven't worked you can also try reinstalling iTunes12.8.2.3.dmg (El Capitan/Sierra) or iTunes12.8.3.1 (High Sierra) while your device is connected and unlocked.

tt2

Oct 28, 2023 1:34 PM in response to sheahan1971

I had similar problem when with my MBP (with OS 10.12.?) after I upgraded my iPhone 12 Pro Max to iOS 17.1. I called Apple Support and they walked me through process:

• update Mac OS to High Sierra (10.13.6)

• restart (~40 minutes)

• update iTunes to 12.8.3.1

• restart (~30+ minutes)

• install iTunes “connection bridge”

• restart

• open ITunes

First couple of iTunes syncs to iPhone took longer than usual but seems to work now. Thanx, Apple!! 🍎💻📲

How to fix iPhone not showing up in iTunes on MacBook Pro running High Sierra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.