iPhone 13 pro battery draining

Hi,

I have an iPhone 13 Pro which is a about 18 months old and the battery seems to be draining really quickly. I usually charge overnight to 100% and by lunchtime the battery is down to 30-40% and yet I've only used it for a total of about an hour (if that!). The battery health is a 87% (which I'm told is good). I've tried looking online and tried all the suggested solutions (re-starting the phone, lowering the brightness, turning off app refresh, closing the all the apps and safari windows etc) and yet nothing seems to work. I generally use only a handful of apps (Tiktok, Candy Crush, Safari, mail, music are the main ones). Just opening my phone and being on the home screen seems to drain the battery - I can literally want the % decrease (it's gone from 34% to 30% in the time it has taken me to write this and I'm not even using it - I'm on my PC!!).

Any thoughts would be really welcome! Thanks :)

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 5:01 AM

Some apps will continue to be active in the background. You may find one of those social media ones is a big consumer.

Refer to: About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

to see which apps are using the most power.

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 30, 2023 2:43 AM in response to Limnos

What can I do if this similar behaviour is my problem from last Saturday and I don't allow apps to run in background. I literally see percentage drop even if my iPhone lays on my work desk and after I pick it up, I see a lower percentage. Also while working on it percentage is droping quicker than before. Until last Friday everything was OK. Now it seems that my standby time while not in use is very low. You can see that last Monday turn on display was 2 hours 16 minutes with turned off display was 8 hours and 48 minutes. This Monday it was only 2 hours and 21 minutes but turned off display only 32 minutes. That seems pretty weird. I mostly got turned off screen for around 7-9hours/day.

iPhone 13 pro battery draining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.