How can I stop my iPhone messages from sharing to my iPad

How can I stop my iPhone messages from sharing with my ipad

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 9:57 AM

If you own and use both devices, then you cannot. by design messages are synced.

You can turn off the option to share SMS messages to the iPad by going to Settings ➜ Messages ➜ Text Message Forwarding on your iPhone, however iMessages (blue bubbles) will continue to arrive at the iPad, unless you turn off Messages there entirely on it.

If someone else is going to be using this iPad, then it's best they have their own Apple ID as suggested by the support document you posted from. Make sure it's signed in to all services on the iPad including Messages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 9:57 AM in response to trondheim06

If you own and use both devices, then you cannot. by design messages are synced.

You can turn off the option to share SMS messages to the iPad by going to Settings ➜ Messages ➜ Text Message Forwarding on your iPhone, however iMessages (blue bubbles) will continue to arrive at the iPad, unless you turn off Messages there entirely on it.

If someone else is going to be using this iPad, then it's best they have their own Apple ID as suggested by the support document you posted from. Make sure it's signed in to all services on the iPad including Messages.

How can I stop my iPhone messages from sharing to my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.