Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How to disable change Wallpaper from Lock Screen

when you touch and hold the Lock Screen it lets you customize your wallpaper. BUT the problem is that it’s way too easy to enter this mode by just holding your phone!!

my phone is constantly entering the customize Lock Screen mode when I don’t want it to. We need a way to disable the “touch + hold Lock Screen” to change wallpaper feature. Let us change it in settings. NOT every darn time we accidentally touch the Lock Screen for more than a millisecond. Thank you!

iPhone 14

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2023 3:57 AM

Dear Apple. What part of LOCKED do you not understand? Seriously. For the love of all that is holy, STOP PUTTING INTERACTIVE THINGS ON THE **LOCK** SCREEN. If I wanted to change the wall paper of cancel a timer I’d UNLOCK the phone. Derp.

107 replies

Aug 30, 2023 1:43 PM in response to lisafeg2

This is an idiotic design flaw that results in my iphone prompting me to change my wallpaper at least 3-4 times a day. It happens any time I move my finger on the screen the wrong way. I was carrying my phone in my hand during an event and I counted that this happed SEVEN TIMES IN TWO HOURS. No. I don’t want to change my wallpaper. If I did, I’d take the time to do it the classic way.

I understand this is a design flaw related to the Apple Watch. I thought I had adjusted a setting to fix it but it hasn’t worked. This can’t possibly be that hard to fix. FIX IT.

Aug 2, 2023 2:15 PM in response to lisafeg2

This Feature is cool but EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!! My phone will be locked. I pick it up and while I’m carrying it if I happen to press on the locked screen for a few seconds while holding it, it will open the new change home screen. I need to disable it ASAP! But can’t find a way to. Because of my job I’m needing to carry a bunch of things along with my phone through the work day. And I deal with this multiple times a day. It’s SUPER annoying!

Aug 25, 2023 4:39 AM in response to lisafeg2

10x a day, I look at my phone and it will have changed the wallpaper!

This is the dumbest idea. Who on earth needs to change wallpaper so often and quickly that they would appreciate this?!

I’ve set my phone to go to camera when I tap the back 3x- why not just do that for wallpaper if you need it so badly? It never happens accidentally.

I guess I should make my screen lock faster? I guess unlocking it another 50x a day could be less irritating…

Aug 18, 2023 9:19 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Tap where? Apparently tapping on the screen is how you proceed with customization.

As for the "feature not a bug" aspect: what it is is nonsensical User Interface, as if Apple has no master UI plan, UI standards, or formal user testing beyond superusers trying out betas. A "setting" like this that appears without any intentional actions should have been evaluated and rejected in the design phase (if such a phase has any rigor at Apple.) All this especially since it's connected to the Focus UI subsystem, already way too complicated and incomprehensible.

I always wonder if sometimes some feature gets implemented because some programmer guy thought it would be "cool" while knowing absolutely nothing about how the rest of the world uses the device.

Apr 28, 2023 9:11 AM in response to ronak220

ronak220 wrote:

First you go the setting option and go the walpaper option and tap on the walpaper and and choose from gallery any photo you want and select the photo and you can customise the photo and you can change the walpaper easylily

That is correct, but is irrelevant because it doesn’t answer the question in the original post, which is how you can set it to NOT change the wallpaper.

Oct 10, 2023 7:36 PM in response to lisafeg2

I just thought of the easiest way to solve this (for Apple) you could allow us the option for “hold to customize” Lock Screen as an attention aware. Meaning you would need to be looking at the device to change your Lock Screen so it doesn’t accidentally change. Or you could just simply give us the option to turn off “hold to customize”. Please do one of these I beg you

How to disable change Wallpaper from Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.