Apple Watch pairing with Apple tv

Apple Watch not pairing with Apple TV after the latest software update for both devices.

Apple TV 4K (1st generation)

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 3:21 PM

What type of pairing are you referring to?

Is this about using the remote control functionality? Control Apple TV with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Is this about using Fitness+ on Apple TV? Work out on Apple TV - How to use Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

What is the model Apple Watch? Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support

As older models can have a maximum OS version lower than current models, “the latest software” can be ambiguous. Please use actual version numbers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 3:21 PM in response to Michael Newman1

What type of pairing are you referring to?

Is this about using the remote control functionality? Control Apple TV with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Is this about using Fitness+ on Apple TV? Work out on Apple TV - How to use Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

What is the model Apple Watch? Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support

As older models can have a maximum OS version lower than current models, “the latest software” can be ambiguous. Please use actual version numbers.

Apr 21, 2023 1:50 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Apple Watch 7 latest software

Apple TV model A1625 (64 gig)

tv os 16.4.1

this just started occurring after the latest software update. I use to just pick my watch from the Apple fitness app and it the arrow and away I go. Now it does not show up. I pick other user open the app on my watch and it tries to connect. Does not connect.

Apple Watch pairing with Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.