I’m sharing storage with a family member who has 200 gigs of storage and how can put my photos in that account

I want to add my photos to my shared account. How can I do it

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 2:27 PM

If you are sharing a storage plan as described in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support you use your own Apple ID to access the storage and your photos and other data are private.

See the following from that support article:

When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

To sync your photos with iCloud, see information in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

(note that it is the same whether you have your own storage plan or a shared plan)

If you want a shared photo library see: How to use iCloud Shared Photo Library - Apple Support

(note that is also the same whether you have your own storage plan or a shared plan)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 2:27 PM in response to arleigh177

If you are sharing a storage plan as described in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support you use your own Apple ID to access the storage and your photos and other data are private.

See the following from that support article:

When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

To sync your photos with iCloud, see information in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

(note that it is the same whether you have your own storage plan or a shared plan)

If you want a shared photo library see: How to use iCloud Shared Photo Library - Apple Support

(note that is also the same whether you have your own storage plan or a shared plan)

I’m sharing storage with a family member who has 200 gigs of storage and how can put my photos in that account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.