Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Spam in my iCloud mail on my iPad and iphone

I am getting spam mail in my iCloud mailbox every few minutes, both on my iPad and iphone. Initially I blocked all senders, however they just kept coming. At the start they were all from one address, however now multi different mail keeps coming. Help needed now.

Thank you.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 12:52 PM

Greetings gaye99,

We'd like to provide you with a few steps that can assist you with reducing the amount of spam you receive in the future:

"Don't open suspected junk email

Delete any messages that look like junk mail before you open them. Learn how to delete emails on your iPhone or iPad and how to delete emails on your Mac. You can also manage junk mail on iCloud.com.

When you open an email that looks like junk mail, it can alert spammers that their message was received and opened from an active email account. 

Adjust your Mail Privacy Protection settings

Spammers use the email image-loading feature to determine whether your email account is active. Here's how to keep images from loading automatically:

On your iPhone or iPad

1. Go to Settings > Mail > Privacy Protection.
  2. Turn on Protect Mail Activity.

Learn more about Mail Privacy Protection on iPhone

On iCloud.com

1. Go to iCloud.com/mail.
  2. Click the Settings button  in the sidebar.

The Settings button is at the top of the lefthand panel.

3. Choose Preferences. 

4. Click General, then turn off "Load remote content in messages."

"Load remote content in messages" is the first item in the Viewing section.

5. Click Done.

Use an iCloud email alias or Hide My Email with iCloud+

You can use an iCloud email alias to prevent junk mail from being sent to your primary iCloud email address. For example, you can use your primary iCloud email address for emailing friends and family, but use an email alias for online registrations, purchasing products, and joining mailing lists. This makes it easier for you to monitor the sources of unwanted messages. With an iCloud+ subscription, Hide My Email lets you generate random, unique addresses to share with websites or apps and keep your personal address private.

Learn how to create and use an email alias on iCloud.com and how to use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on your devices."

Click here for more details: Report and reduce spam in iCloud Mail

Thanks for connecting with Apple Support Communities.

We hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2023 12:52 PM in response to gaye99

Greetings gaye99,

We'd like to provide you with a few steps that can assist you with reducing the amount of spam you receive in the future:

"Don't open suspected junk email

Delete any messages that look like junk mail before you open them. Learn how to delete emails on your iPhone or iPad and how to delete emails on your Mac. You can also manage junk mail on iCloud.com.

When you open an email that looks like junk mail, it can alert spammers that their message was received and opened from an active email account. 

Adjust your Mail Privacy Protection settings

Spammers use the email image-loading feature to determine whether your email account is active. Here's how to keep images from loading automatically:

On your iPhone or iPad

1. Go to Settings > Mail > Privacy Protection.
  2. Turn on Protect Mail Activity.

Learn more about Mail Privacy Protection on iPhone

On iCloud.com

1. Go to iCloud.com/mail.
  2. Click the Settings button  in the sidebar.

The Settings button is at the top of the lefthand panel.

3. Choose Preferences. 

4. Click General, then turn off "Load remote content in messages."

"Load remote content in messages" is the first item in the Viewing section.

5. Click Done.

Use an iCloud email alias or Hide My Email with iCloud+

You can use an iCloud email alias to prevent junk mail from being sent to your primary iCloud email address. For example, you can use your primary iCloud email address for emailing friends and family, but use an email alias for online registrations, purchasing products, and joining mailing lists. This makes it easier for you to monitor the sources of unwanted messages. With an iCloud+ subscription, Hide My Email lets you generate random, unique addresses to share with websites or apps and keep your personal address private.

Learn how to create and use an email alias on iCloud.com and how to use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on your devices."

Click here for more details: Report and reduce spam in iCloud Mail

Thanks for connecting with Apple Support Communities.

We hope this helps!

Spam in my iCloud mail on my iPad and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.