Activation lock on my Apple watch

i unpaired my Apple Watch 2 days ago and updated my Apple Watch as well so I can start over and now it asked me for my Apple ID and password and I’ve never been asked that after I updated it so now I can’t get in after multiple times I try put in my Apple ID and password and tried as well change my password for new one and I went back to my Apple Watch tried it again no luck ?

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 12:51 AM

It will always require ID password after an unpair. Unpairing removes activation lock.

I would unpair it again and set up again. The apple ID and password will be entered on the iphone, only once should be necessary, unless you have apps on the iphone that were installed with another ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 12:51 AM in response to alyda64

It will always require ID password after an unpair. Unpairing removes activation lock.

I would unpair it again and set up again. The apple ID and password will be entered on the iphone, only once should be necessary, unless you have apps on the iphone that were installed with another ID.

Activation lock on my Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.