My iCloud Apple id

My iPad will not let me FaceTime or text message. I have tried putting my Apple ID password in and it won’t let me everytime I do that it say FaceTime activation something like

iPad mini (5th generation)

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 6:01 PM

It is hard to diagnose without knowing the exact error message.

On an Apple mobile device go to:

Settings > Facetime

Settings > iMessage

and turn on.

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime, read this support article --> If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Also try restarting your device. That cleared up an activation issue we had, and it doesn't hurt to try.

If it still isn't working after a day, do as the article instructs and contact Apple --> Contact - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 6:01 PM in response to kescolt

It is hard to diagnose without knowing the exact error message.

On an Apple mobile device go to:

Settings > Facetime

Settings > iMessage

and turn on.

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime, read this support article --> If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Also try restarting your device. That cleared up an activation issue we had, and it doesn't hurt to try.

If it still isn't working after a day, do as the article instructs and contact Apple --> Contact - Official Apple Support

My iCloud Apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.