How to stop calls from going through Carplay?

Hi, in my new car, I use CarPlay for navigation. But I do not want my phone calls handled by CarPlay. Its the worst when I am using directions and a call comes in and takes over my whole screen. I have to ignore the call then switch back to maps. By that time, I missed a turn or two.

So frustrating. Plus I hate talking through my car’s speakers! I want to use my phone for my calls and my car for my maps. But there is no way to disable it in the CarPlay Settings.

and if I silence notifications…. My calls won’t come through my phone.

So how???

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 8:57 PM

As you have learned, once you have CarPlay activated, for Music/Maps etc, then your iPhone is goingrec to behave exactly in the way that you have described. There is no feature available to prevent connecting your incoming / outgoing call(s) to your car speakers through CarPlay. You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here 👉 Product Feedback - Apple 

Have you tried using the 👉 Driving Focus on your iPhone to concentrate on the road ? This may accomplish what you are looking for. This is because you do not want to receive calls while driving through CarPlay and you may not want to receive calls only on your iPhone because you are not going to be able to answer those anyway (while driving).

Axel F.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 8:57 PM in response to nikkibancs

As you have learned, once you have CarPlay activated, for Music/Maps etc, then your iPhone is goingrec to behave exactly in the way that you have described. There is no feature available to prevent connecting your incoming / outgoing call(s) to your car speakers through CarPlay. You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here 👉 Product Feedback - Apple 

Have you tried using the 👉 Driving Focus on your iPhone to concentrate on the road ? This may accomplish what you are looking for. This is because you do not want to receive calls while driving through CarPlay and you may not want to receive calls only on your iPhone because you are not going to be able to answer those anyway (while driving).

Axel F.

Apr 19, 2023 8:46 PM in response to nikkibancs

nikkibancs Said:

"How to stop calls from going through Carplay?: Hi, in my new car, I use CarPlay for navigation. But I do not want my phone calls handled by CarPlay. [...]"

-------

For reference...

Troubleshooting CarPlay:

A. Driver's Manual:

Read your driver's manual to find out more about syncing this.

B. Try being in Park:

For many, they must have their automobile in park to get this to all pair.

C. Visit this Link:

If you Need Help with CarPlay - Apple Support

How to stop calls from going through Carplay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.