can you purchase more space I need to update my Mac

need more space

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 9:47 AM

Yes you can by installing an external disk. Then you can transfer files, such as photos or music files to the external disk and that will allow you to delete them from your HD to clear up the needed storage space. These days these disks are cost effective, compact, easy to install with vendor provided USB cables and most do not require external power. You may have to reformat it though. There is a large selection of disks to choose from. This solution will allow you to easily have the storage you need. Easy and done.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 9:47 AM in response to BDAqua

Yes you can by installing an external disk. Then you can transfer files, such as photos or music files to the external disk and that will allow you to delete them from your HD to clear up the needed storage space. These days these disks are cost effective, compact, easy to install with vendor provided USB cables and most do not require external power. You may have to reformat it though. There is a large selection of disks to choose from. This solution will allow you to easily have the storage you need. Easy and done.

can you purchase more space I need to update my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.