New phone

I have just received a new phone and I had backed up my last one but it won’t let me back up my old phone but will back up my sons iPad onto the new phone

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 11:27 AM

If you old phone was newer than your new phone and running a newer iOS version than your new phone, it will not restore to a device running an older iOS version.

Make sure the new phone is running an iOS version that is no lower than that one the old phone.

This support article has instructions about updating an iPhone or iPad wirelessly --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also use Mac and PC computers to update system software:

Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 11:27 AM in response to ColleenMcK123

If you old phone was newer than your new phone and running a newer iOS version than your new phone, it will not restore to a device running an older iOS version.

Make sure the new phone is running an iOS version that is no lower than that one the old phone.

This support article has instructions about updating an iPhone or iPad wirelessly --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also use Mac and PC computers to update system software:

Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

New phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.