Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Books I have purchased are missing

Someone had taken my MacBook air which was a gift from them then several months later after I had already registered it to my Apple ID they took itW ithout my permissio how how to be able to add it to my Apple ID/ apple

user account again

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 11:45 AM

Book purchases from Apple are associated with your Apple ID. Those can be re-downloaded from the Apple Books book store, as available.

Books you have acquired elsewhere are either stored locally, or are stored in iCloud when that is enabled. If stored in iCloud, the books are associated with your Apple ID. If stored locally (and now gone), you'll need to reload those books from the source, or from a backup of your MacBook Air.

Your Apple ID has quite probably also been compromised, as have all your passwords and tokens:

... If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 11:45 AM in response to migatica1

Book purchases from Apple are associated with your Apple ID. Those can be re-downloaded from the Apple Books book store, as available.

Books you have acquired elsewhere are either stored locally, or are stored in iCloud when that is enabled. If stored in iCloud, the books are associated with your Apple ID. If stored locally (and now gone), you'll need to reload those books from the source, or from a backup of your MacBook Air.

Your Apple ID has quite probably also been compromised, as have all your passwords and tokens:

... If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Books I have purchased are missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.