Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Photos wont send or load

My imessage photos wont send and im not receiving them. They keep showing up to me as a file that i cant click. I have lots of storage left and it started suddenly.

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 6:53 PM

Here are a few possible solutions you can try:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data. You can toggle Airplane Mode on and off to reset your connection.

2. Restart your device: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve issues like this. Turn your iPhone off and then back on to see if that helps.

3. Update iOS: Ensure that you're running the latest version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and install any available updates.

4. Sign out and back into iMessage: Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, tap on your Apple ID, and sign out. Then sign back in to see if that resolves the issue.

5. Reset network settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset your Wi-Fi and cellular network settings, so be prepared to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords.

6. Check iMessage settings: Go to Settings > Messages and ensure that "iMessage" and "MMS Messaging" are both turned on.

7. Check for restricted content: In Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, ensure that you don't have any restrictions set for photos or iMessage that could be causing the issue.

If none of these solutions work, you may want to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 6:53 PM in response to Platypus_queen13

Here are a few possible solutions you can try:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data. You can toggle Airplane Mode on and off to reset your connection.

2. Restart your device: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve issues like this. Turn your iPhone off and then back on to see if that helps.

3. Update iOS: Ensure that you're running the latest version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and install any available updates.

4. Sign out and back into iMessage: Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, tap on your Apple ID, and sign out. Then sign back in to see if that resolves the issue.

5. Reset network settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset your Wi-Fi and cellular network settings, so be prepared to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords.

6. Check iMessage settings: Go to Settings > Messages and ensure that "iMessage" and "MMS Messaging" are both turned on.

7. Check for restricted content: In Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, ensure that you don't have any restrictions set for photos or iMessage that could be causing the issue.

If none of these solutions work, you may want to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Apr 20, 2023 6:55 PM in response to Platypus_queen13

Platypus_queen13 Said:

"Photos wont send or load: My imessage photos wont send and im not receiving them. They keep showing up to me as a file that i cant click. I have lots of storage left and it started suddenly."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

If Photos Won't Message:

The only way around it at the moment (for me) is to enable Cellular. Once enabled, all will send.

Troubleshooting Text Messages:

A. See here: If you can't Send or Receive Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Whom to Contact:

Contact your carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Messaging

Photos wont send or load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.