Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Trying to change email for Apple ID

My current email is stuck on an old Apple ID that’s connected to an old phone number I no longer have access too, and my current Apple ID is connected to an old, school email that no longer exists, I don’t know what to do . Theirs nothing in apple support

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 9:54 AM

kekoa192 wrote:

My current email is stuck on an old Apple ID that’s connected to an old phone number I no longer have access too, and my current Apple ID is connected to an old, school email that no longer exists, I don’t know what to do .

If you can still sign into your account on another device you can investigate adding more ways to get a code such as multiple telephone numbers where you can receive a text or a phone call. This is from the section "About trusted phone numbers and trusted devices" in the article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

To see, add, or change your trusted phone numbers use one of these methods:

● On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > your name > Password & Security. Next to Trusted Phone Number, tap Edit.

● On a Mac computer choose Apple menu  > System Settings (or System Preferences), then click your name (or Apple ID). Click Password & Security, then add or remove a trusted phone number.

● Using a web browser: Go to the Account Security section of https://appleid.apple.com .

Similar information for the iPhone can be found here --> Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID from iPhone - Apple Support

If you had set up an Account Recovery Contact ( Set up an account recovery contact - Apple Support ) you can also get a code that way.

If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This article explains how to recover your Apple ID after a waiting period - How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

You may also wish to read the articles 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' ( Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support ) and 'Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication' ( Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support ). Various sections contain information that is useful in understanding about the trusted devices (an iPhone, iPad, or Mac that Apple knows is yours) system, and how to get a verification code on a trusted device or at a telephone number.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2023 9:54 AM in response to kekoa192

kekoa192 wrote:

My current email is stuck on an old Apple ID that’s connected to an old phone number I no longer have access too, and my current Apple ID is connected to an old, school email that no longer exists, I don’t know what to do .

If you can still sign into your account on another device you can investigate adding more ways to get a code such as multiple telephone numbers where you can receive a text or a phone call. This is from the section "About trusted phone numbers and trusted devices" in the article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

To see, add, or change your trusted phone numbers use one of these methods:

● On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > your name > Password & Security. Next to Trusted Phone Number, tap Edit.

● On a Mac computer choose Apple menu  > System Settings (or System Preferences), then click your name (or Apple ID). Click Password & Security, then add or remove a trusted phone number.

● Using a web browser: Go to the Account Security section of https://appleid.apple.com .

Similar information for the iPhone can be found here --> Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID from iPhone - Apple Support

If you had set up an Account Recovery Contact ( Set up an account recovery contact - Apple Support ) you can also get a code that way.

If you can’t sign in, access a trusted device, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This article explains how to recover your Apple ID after a waiting period - How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

You may also wish to read the articles 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' ( Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support ) and 'Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication' ( Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support ). Various sections contain information that is useful in understanding about the trusted devices (an iPhone, iPad, or Mac that Apple knows is yours) system, and how to get a verification code on a trusted device or at a telephone number.

Apr 21, 2023 12:27 AM in response to kekoa192

and my current Apple ID is connected to an old, school email that no longer exists,

Indeed, if you no at school anymore, they already deleted your school email address. This is done as soon as you have left the school so that you can no longer log in. You no longer have any rights there.

An deleted email address, it is no longer valid, it simply no longer exists and it no longer works.

You may not be able to use / change that school email address because it is no longer exists.

-----

You have an Apple ID now. 

You are sign in here .  .  .  with your Apple ID & Password.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

What happens when you use the same Apple ID & Password that you use to sign in here?

See -> Sign in with your Apple ID -> Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Trying to change email for Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.