Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Location Sharing

I cannot switch off location sharing with one of my family members. All others I can switch off. (The family account is in my name)

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 11:13 AM

Hi there Rex_Dinosaur,

To stop sharing your location with one specific family member, you'll want to be sure you're using the Find My app and following these steps:

Stop sharing with one person
1. Open the Find My app and select the People tab.
2. Choose the person that you want to stop sharing your location with.
3. Scroll down and select Stop Sharing My Location.

You'll find this information in the 'Stop sharing your location' section here: Find people and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2023 11:13 AM in response to Rex_Dinosaur

Hi there Rex_Dinosaur,

To stop sharing your location with one specific family member, you'll want to be sure you're using the Find My app and following these steps:

Stop sharing with one person
1. Open the Find My app and select the People tab.
2. Choose the person that you want to stop sharing your location with.
3. Scroll down and select Stop Sharing My Location.

You'll find this information in the 'Stop sharing your location' section here: Find people and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

Take care.

Location Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.