WiFi and Bluetooth greyed out

My WiFi and Bluetooth will not work on my phone. I have tried resetting. I have tried hard resetting. I have updated my phone. I have tried resetting network settings. I have an iPhone 11 on iOS 16.4.1

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2023 7:11 AM

Wifi and Bluetooth greyed out on my Iphone 12 Pro, when updating to ios 17.1.1. This was fixed when I installed the 17.1.2 update 3 days ago, But today suddenly the Iphone restarted by itself, and wifi and Bluetooth are greyed out again. Still on ios 17.1.2. What is going on ?

36 replies

Jul 27, 2023 9:33 PM in response to willdw

Apple should be investigated for this. They have done something to our older phones to make this happen. It’s possible this was done on purpose to make people upgrade their phones but I won’t go that far. Too many people have this same problem for this to be coincidence. I have an iPhone 12 Pro, same issue. First it was WiFi constantly disconnecting and reconnecting, then it was both WiFi and Bluetooth not able to toggle on and off, now I’m getting the random shutdowns too. This is ridiculous.

May 17, 2023 12:38 PM in response to willdw

I have a iPhone 12 pro max, mine has been even more weird after the recent updates. It happened a couple of days ago, my phone would randomly restart and on alternate restart incidents, both wifi and bluetooth (both control centre and settings) would be greyed out, and when clicking on the bluetooth setting it's just an infinite loading sign. After each of these episodes, the next random restart, they would be fine (for a few minutes) before the phone restart and they're greyed out again. It's been driving me nuts... :,(

Feb 5, 2024 12:52 AM in response to siriwebapple1877

My iPhone 13 suddenly restarted when my battery was on 5%, I noticed my WiFi button was greyed out almost immediately then after a while I noticed my Bluetooth had a never ending buffering but I thought maybe it was cause of the low battery that my WiFi and Bluetooth greyed out. Fast forward to my iPhone being fully charged and the issue remained. I updated my phone to the latest IOS, IOS 17.3, I also did a hard reset multiple times as well as resetting my network settings up to 4 times and still no solution yet! My iPhone 13 was brand new and I got it 6 months ago, battery health is on 100% so I really can’t fathom what the problem is and there’s no way I’m replacing my phone.

Apr 21, 2023 9:49 PM in response to willdw

willdw Said:

"WiFi and Bluetooth greyed out: My WiFi and Bluetooth will not work on my phone. I have tried resetting. I have tried hard resetting. I have updated my phone. I have tried resetting network settings. I have an iPhone 11 on iOS 16.4.1"

-------

If Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are Dulled-Out:

Try the Following in the Order Provided:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

D. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

As a Last Resort:

E. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration.

Jun 16, 2023 12:04 PM in response to Senator Blair

Senator Blair Said:

I’ve done all these steps and even got a new SIM card from my provider. It keeps coming up. I cannot figure out what triggers it :(

———-

Apple Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

WiFi and Bluetooth greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.