Update from maverick to latest mac os

Hi,

i managed to wipe out my laptop and its operating system, but managed to recover mac os maverick.

However, once installed the App store doesn’t give me any options and Safari doesnt open any apple support pages cause it thinks they are unreliable. How on earth am i supposed to update?

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 5:02 PM

Mavericks Macs can't upgrade to Ventura. Only some Macs with Sierra or later can upgrade to Ventura directly.

You can upgrade to El Capitan. And depending on the Mac, maybe to Sierra or later.

You will need Big Sur or later for the latest Safari. There are better browsers for earlier operating systems:

Browsers by Mac operating system - Apple Community

Catalina or later if compatible is not compatible with any old 32 bit applications or drivers. So if you upgrade to Catalina or later, you'll need to upgrade your application library at significant cost.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2023 5:02 PM in response to esa-pekka256

Mavericks Macs can't upgrade to Ventura. Only some Macs with Sierra or later can upgrade to Ventura directly.

You can upgrade to El Capitan. And depending on the Mac, maybe to Sierra or later.

You will need Big Sur or later for the latest Safari. There are better browsers for earlier operating systems:

Browsers by Mac operating system - Apple Community

Catalina or later if compatible is not compatible with any old 32 bit applications or drivers. So if you upgrade to Catalina or later, you'll need to upgrade your application library at significant cost.

Update from maverick to latest mac os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.