Difficult to remove Apps

I have seen articles, linked from the forum, regarding how to remove unwanted Apple apps.

The method of using LaunchPad resulted in no apps showing no 'X' to delete any apps. The other method of deleting the app by moving it to the bin worked only for iMovie; "Cleaner One Pro" removed the hidden iMovie files.

I have never used nore intend to use; Automator, Books, Chess, Find My, GarageBand, Image Capture, News, Photo Booth, Stickies, Stocks, I have never used them but it seems these Apps refuse to be deleted. Is tehre any way to 'Get-Rid-Of' these unwanted Apps from OS 12.6.5? (Apps Cleaner & Delete Apps from Apple Apps Store don't list these programs for easy removal.)

Any ideas are most welcome. Thank you

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 6:59 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 23, 2023 8:18 AM in response to Memoire

Memoire wrote:

I appreciate the feedback jeffreythefrog

you're welcome. :)

pity though to be forcefed with apps one is not interested in; but that;s life.

I get your thinking, but with macOS we as end users all have different needs. apps I need may not be needed by you and vice versa. so it goes to show why apple includes a lot of free apps. very few of us NEED all the included apps, but it's nice to know they are there. especially considering what we pay for these machines.

Difficult to remove Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.