Photos App - Images randomly change size when viewing

This is a reply to a post from Brightfall in 2022. If you read this Brightfall please contact me. I do have EXACT the same problem like you on the exact same problem and also in Monterey. I was unable to fix this and I wonder if your problem still exists. Please let me know - thanks.

Here is the problem:

I have an album of photos, more than 40 images, all almost identical size 2048h x 1448w or within a few pixels. When I scroll though the images to view each one, the images do not all appear the same size. Some will appear to fill the window as normal, but some will appear about half size. I can then scroll backward through the same images and get a different result, where some that were appearing smaller now appear to fill the window, and vice versa. It seems to be random whether the image will be shown to fill the window or not. This also occurs when Photos is maximised.

I am not using a slideshow this is just a regular album where I double-click one image and then use the arrow keys to move around.

I am using a 16 inch MBP M1 Max on Monterey 12.3.

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 11:39 AM

This was a problem for some of us for awhile, but it went away. You are running an older version of Monterey-- the most recent version is 12.6.5. You should see if the problem persists with an upgrade. With an M1 PowerBook, Ventura would be an even better choice.

Similar questions

2 replies

Photos App - Images randomly change size when viewing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.