How to stop annoying 'Update Apple ID Settings' popups

How do I stop these annoying popups? Have searched for answers and tried all of the recommended fixes and nothing works. This think comes at me daily and if I click on it, it takes me to the Apple ID login and wants me to set up 2 factor security. I don't want to set that up, I will NEVER do so, so why can't I simply get them to leave me alone. I'm not interested in explainations of all the benefits of having 2 factor security, I DO NOT WANT IT!

If anyone has figured this out, I'd appreciate knowing how to turn it off. Thanks!

Mac Pro (2019)

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 4:02 PM

If your are using iCloud Backup or iCloud Drive, then 2 factor authentication is required and may not work until you set it up. Other services that require this is Apple Pay, iMessage syncing and Keychain syncing. It was Ventura 13.2 that added the requirement for iCloud Drive. You could try turning off iCloud, but I don't think that will make the message stop appearing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2023 4:02 PM in response to Timothy McCoy

If your are using iCloud Backup or iCloud Drive, then 2 factor authentication is required and may not work until you set it up. Other services that require this is Apple Pay, iMessage syncing and Keychain syncing. It was Ventura 13.2 that added the requirement for iCloud Drive. You could try turning off iCloud, but I don't think that will make the message stop appearing.

How to stop annoying 'Update Apple ID Settings' popups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.