Computer crash

My PC crashed and I lost everything. Now it’s back I needed to reinstall iTunes but only purchased music is visable. My music still exists on my phone but if I sync I think I will lose it all. Please can anyone tell me how I can copy my music from my iPhone to my PC so it is in my iTunes library??

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 2:15 PM

You are right. Apple's iTunes software is designed to transfer data from the computer to their devices but not in the other direction. In general if you try to connect and sync an Apple device to a new library iTunes will want to erase all the current media content and replace it with items from the new library.

Should you be in the unfortunate position where your computer crashed and you have no viable backup of your library then you can use the steps below to attempt to recover most, if not all, of your media and other information from your devices. If, however the library that has been lost or damaged was on your current computer see Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash first.

Recover your iTunes library from your iPo… - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2023 2:15 PM in response to BIGBLUEG

You are right. Apple's iTunes software is designed to transfer data from the computer to their devices but not in the other direction. In general if you try to connect and sync an Apple device to a new library iTunes will want to erase all the current media content and replace it with items from the new library.

Should you be in the unfortunate position where your computer crashed and you have no viable backup of your library then you can use the steps below to attempt to recover most, if not all, of your media and other information from your devices. If, however the library that has been lost or damaged was on your current computer see Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash first.

Recover your iTunes library from your iPo… - Apple Community

Computer crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.