Not receiving some photos in group messages

I have a group message thread with a mix of iOS and Android users. Some photos from one Android user appear as a gray bubble. Other iOS users in the thread can see the photos. This same Android user can send me photos outside the group thread (just to me) and I can see them with no problem.

I have restarted my iphone several times amongst trying the following things: quit and restart the messages app; reset network settings; made sure mms is turned on; signed out of apple id and signed back in.

I have NOT recently restored the phone - the photo doesn't appear from the time the message is sent - so this is NOT a case of "it was there and now it's not". iOS and all apps are up to date. I do not use iCloud.

Any suggestions??

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 4:07 PM

MaryMCO wrote:

I have a group message thread with a mix of iOS and Android users. Some photos from one Android user appear as a gray bubble. Other iOS users in the thread can see the photos. This same Android user can send me photos outside the group thread (just to me) and I can see them with no problem.

I have restarted my iphone several times amongst trying the following things: quit and restart the messages app; reset network settings; made sure mms is turned on; signed out of apple id and signed back in.

I have NOT recently restored the phone - the photo doesn't appear from the time the message is sent - so this is NOT a case of "it was there and now it's not". iOS and all apps are up to date. I do not use iCloud.

Any suggestions??

MMS is a phone carrier feature, contact yours to resolve he issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2023 4:07 PM in response to MaryMCO

MaryMCO wrote:

Any suggestions??

MMS is a phone carrier feature, contact yours to resolve he issue.

Not receiving some photos in group messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.