not receiving photos in group text with android user

A few months ago out of the blue (no changes to hardware, software, as far as I’m aware) I suddenly am not receiving photos from android users in group texts. I receive the message associated with the image, receive any images from iPhone users on the group text, and receive photos from the android user on our individual text thread. My group messaging and MMS are enabled. There is plenty of space on my phone. Can’t figure out why this started happening or how to fix it!

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2024 9:09 AM

i can’t get any group text that contain an android user and I can’t send a picture to an android user. Also can’t reply to an old group that contain android users. Literally just started yesterday out of nowhere

5 replies

Aug 6, 2023 8:54 AM in response to rebsies

• To send texts to Android users (In a group or Individual) you need an SMS plan enabled by your carrier for the SIM/eSIM that you use on your device. Apple Inc does not provide SMS services. There are no settings on an iPhone for sending SMSs to Android users simply ask your carrier to enable this for the SIM that you use.
  • To send images/files to Android users (In a group or Individual) you need MMS enabled by your Carrier for the SIM that you use and then enable it in your Settings. See the Pic below

not receiving photos in group text with android user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.