Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

In app purchases under a family plan.

How do I add a payment method when my phone is under a child account and it grays out the “add a payment method” button? How do I verify a credit card when it doesn’t let me click on its status to do anything?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 6:16 PM

IceMan2011F Said:

"In app purchases under a family plan.: How do I add a payment method when my phone is under a child account and it grays out the 'add a payment method' button? How do I verify a credit card when it doesn’t let me click on its status to do anything?"

-------

Troubleshooting Family Plan Payments:

A. Adding a Method of Payment to a Family Plan:

Talk to the person who operate this device's Family Plan. They need to add it. Or is this you?

B. Have At least One Method of Payment:

Note: You need at least one method of payment assisted to your Apple Account. This is because even free apps have the option to purchase items form within them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2023 6:16 PM in response to IceMan2011F

IceMan2011F Said:

"In app purchases under a family plan.: How do I add a payment method when my phone is under a child account and it grays out the 'add a payment method' button? How do I verify a credit card when it doesn’t let me click on its status to do anything?"

-------

Troubleshooting Family Plan Payments:

A. Adding a Method of Payment to a Family Plan:

Talk to the person who operate this device's Family Plan. They need to add it. Or is this you?

B. Have At least One Method of Payment:

Note: You need at least one method of payment assisted to your Apple Account. This is because even free apps have the option to purchase items form within them.

In app purchases under a family plan.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.