Why I can’t update my iPhone

I want to update my iPhone to version 15 please i need a link

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 9:01 PM

Hello rabiu144!

If you are wanting to update to iOS 15.7.5, it may be that that is the maximum iOS for your device, which could be any of the following: iPhone- 6s, 6sPlus, SE (1st gen.), 7, 7Plus.

Here’s how to Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support, then you may find this link of assistance.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2023 9:01 PM in response to rabiu144

Hello rabiu144!

If you are wanting to update to iOS 15.7.5, it may be that that is the maximum iOS for your device, which could be any of the following: iPhone- 6s, 6sPlus, SE (1st gen.), 7, 7Plus.

Here’s how to Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support, then you may find this link of assistance.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Apr 22, 2023 8:55 PM in response to rabiu144

rabiu144 Said:

"Why I can’t update my iPhone: I want to update my iPhone to version 15 please i need a link"

-------

What's the model of your iPhone? So, install to iOS16, and that is whaat will install.

Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. If any updates are availabe, they will install, sure enough.

Dec 4, 2023 5:53 PM in response to Moryakhil

What happens when you try?

Can you post a screenshot of the whole screen, it could reveal why you aren't able to update.

Make sure you:

• Are using a WiFi connection (not a hotspot).

• You have an active cell signal (You need both WiFi and cellular service to perform the upgrade).

• Are not using a VPN connection.

• Have your battery charged at least 50%. Better yet, keep it plugged in during the update.

• Do not have power save mode turned on.

• Do not have a beta version installed.

• You have at least 10 gigs of storage available.

Click on this link on what to do if you can't update your phone -

If your iPhone or iPad won't update – Apple Support (UK)

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar to have it diagnosed.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apr 22, 2023 8:58 PM in response to rabiu144

You must have an iPhone 6s or a newer model to update to iOS 15/16. Find out which model iPhone you have by opening Settings ➡️ General ➡️ About ➡️ Model Name. If you have a qualifying iPhone model, then read below:

——-

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version over a Wi-Fi Network. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Software Update: If there is an update available for your iPhone then it will be listed here. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and update your iPhone. 

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • Ensure that you do not have a beta profile installed from a previous version
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 8GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

Why I can’t update my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.