App limit

Hello,

I would like to restrict the usage of a selected App. I could do it over the option screen time in the setting. But when I reach the limit, the IOS ask me to ignore the limit for today. When I choose to ignore. The IOS ignore the limit without asking me about the passcode. It should ask me about the passcode, how can I change this, so the IOS demand the passcode the ignore the limit.

Tanks

Best regards

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 2:05 PM

Hi there Bamo1014,

To confirm, is "Block at Downtime" enabled for Downtime? We ask this because this will block usage of the app when Downtime is reached. If it is not enabled, then the Downtime can possibly be skipped. If you'd like you can read more about Downtime in this article: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that is toggled on already, we recommend turning it off temporarily and restarting your device. We recommend this as restarting can refresh the software and may help that setting work properly. If needed, the articles below will walk through how to restart either an iPhone or iPad device:

Please let us know if those steps help or if you've already tried those steps.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 2:05 PM in response to Bamo1014

Hi there Bamo1014,

To confirm, is "Block at Downtime" enabled for Downtime? We ask this because this will block usage of the app when Downtime is reached. If it is not enabled, then the Downtime can possibly be skipped. If you'd like you can read more about Downtime in this article: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that is toggled on already, we recommend turning it off temporarily and restarting your device. We recommend this as restarting can refresh the software and may help that setting work properly. If needed, the articles below will walk through how to restart either an iPhone or iPad device:

Please let us know if those steps help or if you've already tried those steps.

Take care!

App limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.