Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

FaceTime snde

When someone FaceTime’s me can they see me before I answer?

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 4:19 PM

Hi Hokie1969,

The direct answer to your question is no, your camera is not active until the call is answered. Per the site Change FaceTime video settings on iPhone:

"During a call in the FaceTime app, you can turn Portrait mode on or off, switch between cameras, or turn your camera on or off."

If you have not yet answered the call, these options are not present or active. More information on FaceTime options are covered in the video How to change microphone and camera modes in FaceTime on iPhone and iPad also.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 4:19 PM in response to Hokie1969

Hi Hokie1969,

The direct answer to your question is no, your camera is not active until the call is answered. Per the site Change FaceTime video settings on iPhone:

"During a call in the FaceTime app, you can turn Portrait mode on or off, switch between cameras, or turn your camera on or off."

If you have not yet answered the call, these options are not present or active. More information on FaceTime options are covered in the video How to change microphone and camera modes in FaceTime on iPhone and iPad also.

Regards.

FaceTime snde

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.