Voicemail missing after last update

My voicemail is gone after the last update. The tab is there, but the only option it gives me is to Call Voicemail (there is no option to set up voicemail). When I call my number, after ringing it just gives a recording stating that I’m not accepting calls. When I choose the Call Voicemail option, it says that the user’s voicemail has not been set up. How do I correct this issue?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2024 2:08 PM

Here's what I did:

1.) Updated iPhone 12 to iOS 17.4

2.) Went to play an old voicemail as it contains information I need

3.) Voicemails were gone. Screen says "No Voicemail"

Is that clear enough?

7 replies

Aug 15, 2023 3:33 AM in response to SravanKrA

I have too many hours- yes, hours trying to solve this issue with my IPhone 8, which I got from my sister, used. The voicemail setup page does not appear when I tap the voicemail icon. My carrier cannot make it appear. I contacted them. All is dependent upon getting to a setup page, which is missing. I got buckpassed between you both. It is an IPhone issue. So, why does Apple not know the answer to this problem? Is it an update bug? Is it a deliberate deletion in hopes I will buy a new phone? I can't afford one in my Medicare years. I am shocked that in two years of people asking about this that a viable answer has not been given.

Aug 28, 2023 1:41 PM in response to Momatomic

My iphone 13mini's voicemail disappeared today-I know not where. iOS is current but had clicking and a muffled sounds on the line 2 days ago. Then call began disconnecting on it's own-I suspect a hacker so turned off cellular and Wi-Fi and then the phone. Upon turning the phone on today it is requesting my Apple ID ( I did not sign out) and the password for voicemail. unsure of the next move, and while this may not be the right place for my particular issues, thought to mention just in case.

Apr 23, 2023 5:18 AM in response to skbiglia

Many users who have updated to the last update must have a similar issue if the issues stated by you are due to the iOS.

Unless you state what the issue is many in this forum may not be able to respond positively to the issue you are facing. 

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Oct 5, 2023 4:17 AM in response to Momatomic

I finally got this solved via Apple AND my phone carrier. I first went to my phone carrier, and they confirmed that they did have voicemail set up on my iPhone 13 but could not set visual voicemail up when they tried (at this point, I could call and get the voicemails, however). This is likely due to a software bug.

I had an appointment with Apple that day and finally decided to switch my phone (they bought the old one back, so it actually wasn’t much). I went back to my carrier and they were able to successfully help me add my voicemail to the new phone.

In other words, this appears to be a two-step solution, and each side sort of puts it on the other. I was only able to get a resolution after going to both my carrier and to Apple. This is the answer I got from Apple, at any rate, and I’m just happy to have voicemail again.

Voicemail missing after last update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.