Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Music library transfer & album artwork

Hello,

I imported my music library from my old macbook using itunes to my new macbook using the "music app". The import went well and the itl file from itunes could be used with the "music app".

The issue is that album artworks are not showing in Music. Actually they are showing in the minimized picture on the right hand side of the play button, but none of the artwork is showing while browsing the app. The mp3 files are also displaying the artwork, so it seems the data is there somewhere but "music app" cant see it.

Is there any way to get music app to show album artworks properly ?

Thanks

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 3:33 AM

I found a fix: stop using the Music app.

The Music app makes it harder to navigate through my music library (especially with the search function not letting me filter through songs), adds a lot of UI clutter that cannot be hidden, and makes it a headache to transfer mp3 files to a new computer.

iTunes was much better and fortunately you can still find a way to install it in the most recent macbook pros.

Terribly disappointed with the Music app that is a huge downgrade from iTunes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2023 3:33 AM in response to user556

I found a fix: stop using the Music app.

The Music app makes it harder to navigate through my music library (especially with the search function not letting me filter through songs), adds a lot of UI clutter that cannot be hidden, and makes it a headache to transfer mp3 files to a new computer.

iTunes was much better and fortunately you can still find a way to install it in the most recent macbook pros.

Terribly disappointed with the Music app that is a huge downgrade from iTunes.

Music library transfer & album artwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.