Dock Favorites is not working

My Apple Watch Dock always shows all apps on the watch even when I have selected Favorites.

1. I have an Apple Watch Series 8 running 9.4 (20T253) and an iphone 14 running 16.4.1.
  2. I have restarted both devices since updating them.
  3. When I select Dock -> Favorites and choose the apps I want to display, the watch always displays a complete list of apps on the watch.
  4. I have tried to remove all favorites and reboot both devices, same list.
  5. I have tried to add just 1 favorite and reboot both devices, same list.
  6. Both devices say they are showing the Dock as Favorites, but the list view and the grid (icon) view of the apps are always all the apps on the device.

How do I actually get the favorites to work so I only have the apps I choose on the Watch Dock?

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 1:52 PM

Try selecting Recents and see if the Dock changes. If so, then select Favorites and see what happens. Be sure too save your changes before closing the Dock.

Use the Dock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies

May 1, 2023 4:24 PM in response to javaliga

I have tried selecting recent, using an app, then looking at the Dock and the list view (not the grid) is unchanged. I tried favorites with no apps, with 1 app, with multiple apps. I have reset my watch fully and removed all apps I could, I have ensured my watch and phone are both fully updated. Switching from Grid to List works on the Dock, but displaying Recent or Favorites does nothing. Went into the Apple Store to see if they could help and they can't really help with software, only hardware. They ran a diagnostic and the watch checked out.

Any ideas?

Dock Favorites is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.